The More, the Merrier
January 26, 2015
My goal this month is to play more multiplayer games at Innerstar U. It helps build team spirit. When you join someone in a multiplayer game, you multiply the fun with a sense of friendly competition—so play one of these multiplayer games.
• Packing Pals
• Dance Spectacular
• Game On!
• Starfire Regatta
When you're having a good time at home or at school be sure to invite others to join you. By including others, you'll make them feel good and you'll have more fun. After all—and the more the merrier!
January 19, 2015
How's your New Year so far? Mine's going great! I've set a new goal for myself. I'm going to try to score more goals, skip more rope, sink more baskets, and ace more tricks on the trampoline whenever I play GAME ON! Why not take the challenge, too? And invite your pals on campus to play with you.
At home, ask friends to join you in taking one of the challenges listed below. Or make up a challenge of your own. Then make it your goal to beat your best record.
• See how long you can balance on one foot
• See how many times you can repeat a tongue twister without a mistake
• See how many baskets you can sink into a basketball net or a wastebasket
• See how fast you can say the alphabet backwards
January 12, 2015
When it's cold outside, I like to warm up inside. I go to Real Spirit Center to play BODY BALANCE. Doing gentle yoga is a great way to stay warm and enjoy a peaceful, snowy day. It's also fun to challenge myself to see how many poses I can do successfully in a row. How many can you do?
At home, challenge yourself to do this yoga position called Tree Pose.
• Stand tall with your hands on your hips. Bring the heel of one foot against the inside of your lower opposite leg.
• Bring your palms together in front of your chest, and if you can, slide the bottom of your foot higher up the leg, with your bent knee pointing out to the side. (Be sure not to place your foot on the inside of your knee.) To help stay balanced, look at a point just ahead of you on the floor. Breathe deeply in and out. Switch legs and repeat.
January 5, 2015
The New Year is a time when many people make resolutions to adopt better habits. Instead of making a New Year's resolution, I made a Bliss List. It's a list of things I want to do this year just to make myself happy! Check out some of the things on my bliss list.
• Play SHADOW PLAY to learn how to make more shadow puppets.
• Make new decorations to put up in my room.
• Join a rowing team in STARFIRE REGATTA at the Boathouse.
• Try a new hairstyle.
• Paint portraits of my friends.
Sit down with your family and friends to make bliss lists together. What will you put on your Bliss List?
Shiny New Year
December 29, 2014
Instead of ringing in the New Year, I'm BLING-ing in the New Year! This New Year's Eve I'm going to shine for others by wearing a festive dress from Glimmering Gown. There are lots of party dresses to choose from, but the Happy Holiday Dress is definitely my favorite.
How can you BLING in the New Year? Here are a few bright ideas.
• Put on a pair of glitzy earrings or some body glitter.
• Wear a fancy updo with shiny barrettes or a tiara.
• Make glittery New Year cards to give to your family and friends.
• Flash a bright smile at someone.
If you do one or more of these things, you'll definitely brighten someone's day!
December 22, 2014
Holiday cheer is everywhere—including the Good Sports Center. You'll feel it when you play POM-POM POWER! As you play, imagine you are cheering to help someone special reach a personal goal. Who and what will you cheer for?
For even more holiday cheer, invent a cheerleading chant for the New Year. Think of a dream you'd like to make come true this year. Imagine what you'll need to do to reach your goal. Then think of words that will inspire you to do what it takes to make it happen. Shout out your chant whenever you need an extra boost.
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012